Jan 20, 2012

Hooked on Love

I saw this cute little moose someone used over on Splitcoast Stampers Gallery earlier this week and knew I just had to have him for a Valentines Day Card for my husband!  How do you make all those traditional Reds and Pinks into a masculine Valentines Day Card - especially for a "Red Neck" Fisherman?  You Just do it and tell him to tough it up!  LOL!

My inspiration for my layout came from a new to me sketch from Sketch Satruday, and here's this weeks challenge layout (. . .and I'm just making it under the wire cause it's due today!):
 
 . . . And here's my take on this layout:

Isn't this little guy just the greatest! He's actually a digi image from Mel Jen's Designs and his name is "Fisher Moose".  However, I replaced the image of the fish with a heart.  I also replaced the wording on the sentiment from "Hooked on Fishing" to "Hooked on Love" by masking my stamp and replacing the word with another stamp image.  Here's a close-up of my Fisher Moose:
The recipe for all the goods that made up this card:

BandT Papers:  BoBunny 6X6 "Crazy Love Collection"
Cardstock is all CTMH: Chocolate, Desert Sand & Tulip
Digi Image:  MelJen's "Fisher Moose"
Stamps:  CTMH D1325 Camping Fever, CTMH C1405 In Month April
Embelishments:  Spellbinders Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Border Punch, CTMH Chocolate Ribbon, Copic Markers, Crystal Heart Gems, and CTMH Art Philosophy Cartridge.

There will be a whole new layout posted tomorrow on Sketch Saturday's Challenge Blog. . . why don't you play along!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment