Nov 14, 2011

Christmas Pop-Up Gift Card Holder





Here's one of my great finds which I'm sharing with my fellow crafty peeps! We all have those hard to buy for family members/friends and I found this really cute gift card holder and thought I'd share my take on it with you! 

Okay, I struggle with primary colors!  I rely heavily on my "browns" when I create cards and to be honest I purchased the CTMH Believe papers as a "challenge" for my personal growth!   I have this great CTMH Share the Magic stamp set.  I've never used it - again out of my comfort range!  Whimsikle, fun stamp set - and I'm such a traditional old fashioned kinda gal!   Between the stamp set and the Believe paper pack I was overwhelmed!   Completely had a designers block!  Could not see past the "red" - I'm also not a red kinda girl.  Tones of red - yes, plain red - no!  I started on Friday afternoon, put it down made a whole other card, tried again on Saturday and finished finally late Sunday night. 

Here's the final product:

I actually had to break this card down into segments.   Starting with the Santa on Saturday morning - Using Copic Markers I made up many of these Santa's.  On the "highlights" I added CTMH Glitz Sparkle Gel, just to accentuate it that much more. 



Here's the great part about this card and it's functionality!  When it opens up. . . your gift card magically lifts up and it's nicely displayed  in a little sleeve!  There's no way your happy recipient will miss the presention of your gift card!  :) 






Card Supplies:
  • CTMH Believe Paper Pack (CTMH X7145B)
  • CTMH Share the Magic Acrylic Stamp Set (Discontinued)
  • CTMH Clear Sparkles (CTMH Z1104)
  • CTMH Glitz Stardust Gel (CTMH 1313)
  • Copic Markers
  • Score-Pal
  • Ticket Corner-Rounder Punch
  • CTMH 1 1/4" Circle Punch (CTMH Z1311)
  • Euro Personal Trimmer (CTMH Z338)
  • Tombo Mono Adhesive (CTMH 1514)
  • 3D Foam Tape (CTMH 1151)
Got the supplies. . . and don't know how to put it all together?  Click on this tutorial and it'll explain how to "put it all together".  Oh ya, I changed my card deminsions to a 6"x6" and the tutorial is for a 51/2" x 4 1/4".  Some slight modifications will be required if you change the size of your card - but yes it can be done! 

Have any questions or want to recreate this card please feel free to contact me, Penny Stavast or Amber Nustad!


No comments:

Post a Comment